Today’s résumés are strategic. They effectively address each client’s unique value proposition along with any barriers and obstacles to employment.
If you haven’t updated your knowledge of current résumé strategy for a while you owe it to your clients – and yourself - to get up-to-speed. In this one-day workshop, we'll debunk many myths and misconceptions and ensure that your client’s résumé meets the standards demanded by today’s job market.
Members of Career Professionals of Canada (CPC), Ontario Association of Career Management (OACM), and CCDP recipients from the Career Development Practitioner Certification Board of Ontario (CDPCBO) receive a 50% discount on registration.
We’ll cover many current strategies including:
- Applying a Value Proposition Model to develop strategic, targeted résumés.
- Creating strong client profiles using future-focused creative writing strategies and other modern techniques.
- Understanding Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and how to penetrate them in order to improve relevance, ranking, and selection.
- Employing keywords effectively to address human readers and robots.
- Uncovering and writing effective accomplishment statements using a competency chart, and SMART and SAR.
- Addressing elimination factors and improving readability, scan-ability, and peruse-ability.
- Mitigating various client barriers to employment in the résumé.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and selecting a range of contemporary documents and designs.
By participating in this dynamic, interactive workshop, you will gain practical experience and skill through the study of examples and the hands-on application of your new-found knowledge. Boost your confidence and competency in résumé writing mechanics, and help your clients produce strategic résumés for the current labour market.
There will be ample opportunity to network during our complimentary continental breakfast. A light lunch will also be provided.
If you have never had an opportunity to complete our online RES-01 and RES-02 certificate courses, or if you want an in-person refresher, this event is for you!
Demonstrate a personal commitment to lifelong learning and ongoing professional development. Earn credits towards any Continuing Education Units (CEUs) you require.
About the workshop facilitator:
Sharon Graham is Executive Director of Career Professionals of Canada and author of leading career publications including Best Canadian Résumés, Best Canadian Cover Letters, and The Canadian Résumé Strategist. She is the architect behind CPC’s Advanced Résumé Development Certificate Program and the Certified Résumé Strategist (CRS) credential. She researched and developed the curriculum for CPC’s Real-World Résumé Strategy and Technology Optimized Résumés courses among other professional development programs.
A pioneer of innovations in the Canadian career development sector, Sharon has established certification, awards, mentoring, and networking programs for practitioners across the nation.
Don’t miss the chance to meet Sharon Graham in person. Learn from “Canada’s Career Strategist” in this very exclusive workshop!
Thank You to our Supporting Organizations!
LEARN MORE ABOUT CPC COURSES